If you have a postscript printer, then while printing documents you might see errors like “printer syntax error offering command.” The error code also reads “ERROR: syntaxerror OFFERING COMMANDS” as nostringval — STACK mark.
This issue is occurring when you’re printing by a photo editor or viewing software or also with word processors such as Microsoft WordPad.If you are facing this issue, then you can fix it with some troubleshooting. In this article, we will teach you how you can fix error Printer syntax offending command on Windows operating system.
How to Fix Error Printer Syntax Offending Command on Windows
In this article we have mention six solutions to fix the issue Printer syntax offending command on Windows:
· Compress file to PDF
· Re-add or Remove the Printer
· Uninstall the Software
· Add Printer
· Using HP print universal driver
· Downloading HP print universal driver
1) Compress File to PDF
Here are the steps on how to compress the file to PDF:
1. Launch the Documents in Microsoft Word.
2. Tap on “File” and then choose “Save as.”
3. Tap on the drop-down list to save as, and then choose PDF in the option that appears on your screen.
4. Here you need to write the file name that you want and then save the file.
5. Launch the PDF file in the viewer and then try to give the command to print the document.
6. After the process, your printer will be print your PDF document.
7. There are several users complained that the compress their word document into PDF files to resolve the printing issue. This is a workaround and might help you to take your document print.
2) Re-add or Remove the Printer
Here are the steps on how to re-add or remove the printer:
1. Tap on the Start and then choose Settings.
2. Visit the “Device.”
3. Choose “Printer and scanner.”
4. Scroll down your installed printer menu.
5. Choose your printer and then tap on the “Remove device.”
6. Tap on “Yes” to confirm.
3) Uninstall the Software
Here are the steps on how to uninstall the software:
1. Tap Windows + R key on your keyboard to launch the Run.
2. Enter “Control” and then tap on “OK.”
3. Visit Program and then tap on Program and features.
4. Choose your printer application in the list of applications that are installed in your device.
5. Tap on Uninstall, and then hit the “Yes” button when prompted by UAC.
6. Here you need to follow the on-screen instruction to remove the software from your device.
4) Add Printer
Here are the steps on how to add a printer:
1. First, you need to download the current version of the printer software. You have to download updates from the official manufacturer website.
2. Download and install updates software.
3. Now tap on Start and then tap on settings and choose “Device.”
4. Tap the “Printer and scanner” button.
5. Tap on the “Add a printer,” or you can also tap on the scanner.
6. Now you need to follow the instruction appear on your screen.
7. Now you need to give the command to print your document and then check the issue is resolved.
5) Using HP Print Universal Driver
Here are the steps on how to use HP print, universal driver:
1. Tap the Windows key on your keyboard and search the control panel.
2. Tap and launch the control panel.
3. Visit “Hardware and sound and then hit “Device and Printer.”
4. Select the printer in the list appears on your screen and then taps on “Print server properties.”
5. In the Print server properties menu, choose your printer.
6. Tap on the “Remove” option and then hit “Yes to confirm your action.
7. Close the Properties screen and then close the control panel.
6) Downloading HP Print Universal Driver
1. Visit the HP driver and software download page.
2. Download and install the current version of Universal HP Print drive.
3. Here you need re-add your printer and then check the problem is resolved.